Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Housing Benefit current claim

If anything happens which might affect how much benefit you get, you must tell us immediately.

If you don't tell us about a change and we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.

You must tell us about the following changes:

  • you start or stop getting Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance  or Pension Credit
  • you start or stop getting Working or Child Tax credits
  • the amount of money you or your partner gets changes
  • the money non-dependants get changes
  • there are any other changes in the money people in your home get.  For example, someone starts getting Personal Independence Payments

You must also tell us if:

  • you change your address
  • the number of people in your home changes
  • you, or your partner, go into hospital
  • you, or your partner, become a student, or stop being a student
  • the amount of savings or capital you have changes