Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Council Tax Reduction current application

If anything happens during this time which might affect how much benefit you get, you must tell us immediately. 

If you don't tell us about a change, and we award a reduction that is too high, you will have to pay more Council Tax.

You must tell us about the following changes:

Changes to the money you get

Tell us if:

  • you start or stop getting Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit
  • you start or stop getting Working or Child Tax credits
  • the money you or your partner gets increases or decreases
  • the money non-dependants get increases or decreases
  • there are any other changes in the money people in your home get. For example, someone starts getting Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments

Changes in your home

Tell us if:

  • you change your address
  • the number of people in your home changes, for example, someone has a baby
  • a partner comes to live with you
  • a partner leaves

Other changes

Tell us if:

  • you, or your partner, go into hospital
  • you, or your partner, become a student, or stop being a student
  • the amount of savings or capital you have changes

Council Tax Reduction Scheme

Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2017 to 2018 (PDF/1.39MB/182 pages) details how the scheme operates.