Traffic signs for tourist businesses

The Highways Agency controls signs on trunk roads. Its policy on brown signs is set out in a national standard (TD 52/04) contained in the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges. 

Your local highway authority controls signs on the local roads in its area and sets local policy on brown signs.

Cumbria County Council guidance and application form for brown signs

For further information call Cumbria County Councils Highways hotline on 0300 303 2992. 

Positive Feedback Okay Feedback Negative Feedback