Cartmel Township Initiative
About the group
Cartmel Township Initiative Delivery Group was set up in 2013 and is made of up of Cartmel businesses, residents and representatives from Lower Allithwaite Parish Council, South Lakeland District Council and Cumbria County Council. The overreaching aim of the Cartmel Township Initiative (CTI) is:
“to protect the exceptional quality of the historic village and its immediate environs”
Lower Allithwaite Parish Council commissioned a strategic report from Allies and Morrison to look at Cartmel. The objectives of the initiative were to:
- enhance the special historical character of the town
- to create a better quality and safer public realm for pedestrians
- to address parking issues for local residents, local businesses and visitors
- to improve vehicular movement within the village
- to enhance wider access to the village
- to support and promote local businesses
The group was formed to address the points that emerged from the consultation.
Funding for the Cartmel Township Initiative and associated projects has been provided by Lower Allithwaite Parish Council, Cumbria County Council, South Lakeland District Council and Cartmel Village Society.
For full details and to be kept up-to-date on progress visit Cartmel village website.