Businesses preparing for the UK transition after Brexit

The UK has left the EU, and the transition after Brexit comes to an end this year. Take action now to get ready for new rules from January 2021.

Central Government

GOV.UK: Brexit provides advice for individuals, businesses, UK nationals in the EU and EU nationals in the UK.

Answer seven simple questions about your business to get the most relevant Brexit transition advice for your business.


GOV.UK: Continue to live in the UK if you're an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen will help you find out what to do and when.

Further information is available from the Citizen Advice Bureau: staying in the UK after Brexit.

If you wish to speak or meet with someone to talk about this you can contact one of the following South Lakes Citizens Advice offices:

Citizens Advice Windermere contact details

Citizens Advice Kendal contact details

Citizens Advice Ulverston contact details 

Key contacts

Should you have any concerns that you think we may be able to better assist with, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Economic Development team.