Large household items: Collection
Book a collection
You can book the collection of a large household item by calling us on 01539 733 333
- collections are made by right2work They will ask for more information about the goods to be collected and arrange to collect them
- collection appointments are available from 8am to 4pm from Tuesday to Saturday, with evening collections until 8pm on Thursday
- you can opt to receive a text message, so you know when the collectors are on their way
- the collectors will provide proof of identification. If you have any doubt about the identification of the collectors please call us on 01539 733 333. You should not allow any persons to enter your home or collect your items unless you are sure of their identity
- payment is required when you make your request. Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, cheque or postal order
- collectors are only able to accept items that have been booked and paid for. They will not be able to accept any other donations
- collections can be made from inside the home, or from outside the property. The goods must be dry
A single collection, of up to three items, costs £25. Extra items cost £8.00 per item, up to a maximum of ten items. For example:
- a mattress would count as one item and cost £25
- a mattress, a bed, a chair and a sofa would count as four items and cost £33
- ten items would be £81
What will happen to your item?
Where possible items will be refurbished or recycled. right2work have opened 'The Furniture Warehouse' at Dockray Hall in Kendal where you can buy refurbished items.
Other ways to reuse and recycle
- Freecycle groups match people who have things they want to get rid of with people who can use them
- Freegle promotes the keeping of usable items out of landfill
- The Furniture ReUse Network promotes the reuse of essential household furniture and electrical appliances to help people in need
- There are four Household Waste Recycling Centres in South Lakeland, owned by Cumbria County Council, for the disposal of waste that won't fit into a wheelie bin. There is no charge for householders to use them. More on Household Waste Recycling Centres
Disposing of waste within the law
You must make sure that your waste is collected by a licensed waste carrier. Licensed waste carriers are registered with the Environment Agency. You can check if a company is listed by contacting the Environment Agency on 08708 506 506. Find a registered waste carrier.