Find out how to recycle waste that is not collected from your home and how to recycle some more unusual items.
Recycling unusual items
- aerosols can be recycled at the recycling banks in South Lakeland
- aerosols must be empty and must not be pierced or squashed
- please remove the plastic top, which can be recycled in the plastic bank
- Christmas trees can be recycled using your green garden waste bin in January or taken to the recycling centre
- clinical waste includes human or animal tissue, blood or syringes. We provide a service to collect clinical waste
- please talk to your doctor if you require a service as they will normally arrange for collections
- Pyrex, window glass and drinking glasses cannot be recycled
- broken glass should be wrapped in newspaper and put into your household waste bin
Tetra Pak cartons
- there are no facilities to recycle Tetra Pak cartons
- please squash your cartons before putting them in your grey waste bin
- please take window glass to the recycling centre.
You can take materials that are not collected from your home to your local recycling centre.