Apply for a new bin
If you live in a residential property and your bin, bags and boxes are lost or damaged you can order a replacement.
- grey bin (standard 240 litre size)
- green bin
- blue box (request extra or replacement 44 litre recycling boxes. We collect paper, card and glass in the recycling boxes. You can request one box for each material)
- box lid
- blue bag
- black bag (only for properties on the black bag collection list)
How to apply for a new bin
Before you start the form tell us if you want us to take away your old equipment.
It may take up to three weeks for your new bins or boxes to be delivered.
However, you may collect blue boxes and bags from South Lakeland House, Kendal.
If you have six or more people living in your house you may request a large grey bin.
Before you start the form you must be sure that you are not putting the following items in your grey bin:
- plastic bottles, tubs, pots and trays
Our recycling vehicles normally carry a stock of recycling boxes, lids and recycling bags. The crew will be happy to provide replacement or additional items on request.
Extra bags can be collected from:
- South Lakeland House in Kendal
- the car park at the Westmorland Shopping Centre in Kendal
- the Coronation Hall in Ulverston
- the Information Centre at the Victoria Hall in Grange-over-Sands
- the Lake Wardens Office in Ferry Nab in Windermere
- the Victory Hall at Broughton-in-Furness
- Finsthwaite Village Hall
If you have larger amounts of green garden waste you could order a compost bin for your garden. You can also take green waste to your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.