Priory Road, Ulverston, Cumbria
This large cemetery is situated off the
Bardsea Road on the outskirts of Ulverston. It opened in 1878 with
the first burial taking place on May 7th.There are sections
designated as Church of England, non-Church of England and Roman
There is also a section for the interment of cremated remains,
and a Garden of Remembrance where commemorative plaques may be
fixed if ashes have been scattered elsewhere.
The cemetery chapel is available for funeral services
and will seat comfortably approximately 50 people. It incorporates
a room containing a Book of Remembrance.
There is a car park with six spaces off Oakwood Road, but
parking is available on the main cemetery drives. Please drive and
park with consideration for other cemetery visitors.
The cemetery lodge is private property apart from the
adjoining office and W.C. The cemetery is administered from Kendal
where all the cemetery records are kept. This is a very large
cemetery, and intending visitors are advised to check grave
location details with the office before travelling to the cemetery.
Our contractors, Continental Landscapes, have an office in the
former chapel building on the right. They are not always present in
the cemetery, but will be pleased to answer any queries, and will
help if they can, although they may have to refer you to the
Cemeteries Office in Kendal.
South Lakeland House,
20-26 Lowther Street,
Fax (01539) 797599