Pre Application Advice and Fees
If you have established that planning permission is needed, the
next stage is to discuss your proposals with a council Planning
Officer. Discussing your proposals will help you and the
council to clearly understand the project and any potential
problems that may come up.
It will also provide an opportunity for wider
consultation, where appropriate with members of the public and
other groups which can lead to better outcomes for all parties.
Pre application discussions
- identify opportunities for improvements at a stage when a
proposal can still be modified, resulting in better quality
- significantly increase the likelihood of getting planning
- allow more opportunity to coordinate investment;
- help to communicate the vision and objectives for South
- develop a shared understanding of constraints and
- agree information requirements and identify proposals that are
unlikely to be supported;
- establish timescales and explain the planning processes;
- reduce delays further down the line.
From 4 April 2011, SLDC will provide an
improved pre application advice service, for which a fee is
payable. Full details of the service and charges are
contained in the document below.
Anybody wishing to apply for planning
permission is strongly advised to use this service.
Applications that have been submitted without any pre
application discussions are likely to be refused where significant
amendments are required to make the development acceptable.
All requests for pre application advice must
be made on the application form below. Please note that you
must provide the minimum level of information set out in the form
to ensure that appropriate advice can be given. There is no
fee for listed buildings or works to adapt a property for a
Guidance and fees for pre application advice
Request for pre application advice form