Local Development Framework Consultation
Response from Mr Michael Jarvis (Individual)
1. Mr Michael Jarvis (Individual) : 7 Jul 2008 10:54:00
Please write your comment or explain your reasons for supporting or opposing this part of the Report. You may also wish to refer to the tests of soundess in the glossary of the Preferred Options document before making your comments.
I have studied your proposals on the South Lakeland local Development Framework and now submit my following observations regarding the proposed release of farm land referred to as prefered option No:3 in the village of Allithwaite:-
1. This site has very restricted access from a minor road between Allithwaite and Cartmel and with the entry to the village being from a blind corner opposite the Guide over Sand pub, would require major road improvement to allow safe and efficient access to the development.
2. The site is next to a busy working farm with constant traffic from agricultural machinery, making this a dangerous area for both adults and children. Not to mention the proximity to various farm animals that wander freely on this land and which I am sure would increase the likelihood of live stock born disease.
3. This site already exceeds the drainage and sewage needs for this area and as such this development would require substantial investment in these services.
4. I do suggest that a much better option would be the site to the east of the village, entering Allithwaite on the B5277 and located between Low Fell Gate the entrance to Jack Hill. Currently farm land this site offers safe access via the main road and I would assume also easy access to all main services.